These Simple RF receivers are the easiest way possible to add wireless control, painlessly! There's no programming, configuring or addressing - simply power the receiver with 5-10VDC and press the buttons on a matching RF keyfob remote. When the A button is pressed, it activates the first pin, when the B button is pressed, it activates the second one, and so forth for all four buttons. There's no microcontroller required, its just a simple one-to-one link.
These modules make it easy to control your project once its in an enclosure or from across the room, but there are some things to watch out for. One is that they do not have 'addressing' - if you have multiple receivers in a room, they'll all work at the same time with a single remote. Another is that there's no error checking or bi-directional link - that means the remote doesn't know if the module received the message or not. Third, there are a few different types of receivers and each one looks identical but they are actually differently!
- The M4 momentary type acts like a push button - when the A button is held down, the matching pin goes high. When the A button is released, the matching pin goes low. The pins only go high when a button is pressed
- The T4 toggle type acts like an alternating toggle switch - when the A button is pressed the first time, the matching pin goes high. When the A button is pressed a second time, the matching pin goes low. The pins are turned on and off by repeated presses
- The L4 latch type acts like a selector switch - when the A button is pressed the first time, the matching pin goes high. When the B button is pressed it turns A's pin off and turns B's pin on. When C is pressed, it turns B off, etc. Only one is on at a time. If you press the same button twice, it doesn't turn that pin off.
This product is the Momentary M4 type! It only includes the receiver module, you will also need to pick up a keyfob transmitter Each receiver also has a VT pin, which will go high if any of the pins are activated. You can sort of use it as an 'interrupt' indicator.
The FLIRC USB dongle allows the use of any remote control with your Raspberry Pi. Configure the device on your desktop PC, then simply plug into your Pi for a perfect media centre companion! Amaze your friends and family when the tiny box stuck to the back of your TV controls your entire media collection using an old DVD remote!
- Setting up OSMC (XBMC) media operating system on the Raspberry Pi.
- Setting up your FLIRC module and porting it to any remote.
- Putting it all together!
- More advanced FLIRC programming - porting an entire keyboard to a remote!
Tested with OSMC and OpenELEC versions of Kodi
- 1 X USB PC IR Remote Controller
- 1 X USB receiver
- 1 X User Manual
IR (Infrared) sensor tuned to 38KHz, perfect for receiving commands from a TV remote control. Runs at 3V to 5V so it's great for use on the Raspberry Pi!
To use, connect pin 3 (all the way to the right) to 5V power, pin 2 (middle) to ground and listen on pin 1. It doesn't do any decoding of the signal, just passes the 'raw data' along.
TSOP38238 Technical Features:
- Carrier Frequency: 38kHz
- Transmission Range: 45m
- Directivity: 45°
- Supply Voltage Min: 2.5V
- Supply Voltage Max: 5.5V
- Supply Current: 350µA
- Opto Case Style: Through Hole
- Operating Temperature Min: -25°C
- Operating Temperature Max: 85°C
- Packaging: Each
- Operating Temperature Range: -25°C to +85°C
- SVHC: No SVHC (16-Dec-2013)
- Supply Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Manufacturer: VISHAY MINICAST AGC2
Other remotes have a plethora of buttons but they often don’t do what they’re meant to do and in some cases they do nothing at all! The OSMC remote is different. It’s been designed for OSMC, an open source Raspberry Pi Media operating system. It's tailored, meaning every button is mapped to a unique, dedicated function. It's plug and play, and works with all OSMC supported devices. Just plug in the included wireless nano USB receiver, and you're ready to go!
This remote controller is the perfect way to control OSMC. Its minimalist design offers an understated touch of class to your TV experience whilst retaining all the functionality you'd want when using OSMC.
- Works on OSMC, Raspberry Pi, Mac and PC - Plug and Play
- USB receiver makes installation simple and easy
- RF design means no line of sight issues
- Measures 145mm x 40mm x 10mm
- 13 Button including arrow control.
- OSMC remote controller unit
- OSMC remote battery (CR-2032)
- USB receiver
This GSM gate opener features remote on/off switching by authorized free phone calls, which can be operated from anywhere, no distance limit, very convenient.
*850/900/1800/1900MHz quad bands, can work in the worldwide GSM networks.
*No call charges. The GSM Relay Switch answers the call from authorized number then carries out the turn ON/OFF action on the first 'ring'.
*Secure - Using caller-ID for identification, unknown callers are ignored.
*Add or remove users by SMS Text command.
*No need to provide a remote control or keys for different users.
*Up to 200 authorized phone numbers can be configured at the specified time.
*The relay action will return a SMS confirmation to the owner or authorized caller number, this function is editabled by user.
*The relay close or open time is programmable.
*Multiple applications. (Gates, bollards, barriers, garage doors, shutters and access doors or machines).
> Remote open/close swing/sliding gates, doors,
shutters, garage doors,locks with a free call!
> Residential: Door,gate,garage access control, electronic
> Industry: Remote switch equipment, for example: street lights,
solar power, motor, inverter, PLC,pumps, fans, etc.
> Agriculture: Remote control pumps, etc.
> Business: Remote control electronic boxes,bright billboards,LED signs,etc.
How it works?
A) Wire the RTU5024 Gate opener with your door locks or other machines.
B) Insert SIM card to RTU5024 Gate Opener, Power up.
C) Send a few SMS commands to RTU5024 Gate opener, to assign the authorized user list.
D) Make a phone call from the authorized user's phone number, RTU5024 Gate Opener rejects
phone call and door open or close.
For example,If you are using the RTU5024 GSM gate opener to open/close your garage door by
your family members, what you'll need is just 2~5 SMS commands only.
Functions: Swing Gate, Sliding Door, Garage Door Locks
Output Relay:NC/NO dry contact,3A/240VAC
Power Consumption:12V input Max.50Ma/Standby:15mA
SIM Card:Support 3V SIM Card
Antenna: 50 Ω SMA Antenna interface
Temperature range :-20~+60 °C
Humidity range:Relative humidity 90%
2 x cable connectors
This 4-button keyfob remote goes with our three basic 315MHz RF receiver modules. It will work with all of them, sending out one of four commands that match up with the four outputs. Its small and light weight and will work up to 25 feet away depending on line-of-sight and obstructions. Since this is just a transmitter, if you have multiple receivers, it will turn all of them on and off at the same time (there is no sub-addressing)
A matching RF receiver is not included, you'll need to purchase one in addition!
Video available for the remote