Want to integrate a 7 port USB hub into your Raspberry Pi project, but don't want to rip one out of a pretty plastic case? Don't worry! We've got our hands on some stripped down, "naked" USB hubs which work great with the Raspberry Pi!
They have some pretty special features too. . . . .
- Fully tested for compatibility - plug and play!
- PCB footprint is very close to the Raspberry Pi - 6mm overlap on length & width
- Each hub is able to sufficiently back-power a Raspberry Pi Model B.
- If you don't want to back-power your Pi, it is very easy to modify this hub to stop - Tutorial below.
- Each hub includes a 5V 2.5A UK power supply (EU & US adaptors available)
- Each hub includes a 0.5m USB A to Mini B cable.
- We've drilled some M3 holes for mounting (in addition to the M1 corner snaps)
- There's no solder mask (so you can hack it all you want!)
- They're also white, which is sexy!
- Mark Peason created a 3D Printable Case for the Naked Hub!
- Paul Kersey-Smith created a Laser Cut Case for the Naked Hub & Pi!
- This hub is sold for development purposes only
- This hub must be connected to your Raspberry Pi at boot
- This hub comes with NO warranty once modified
- Fully CE Approved Hub
- 7 Port USB hub
- 3.5A over-current protection on board
- 1.2A max draw per USB port
- Supports USB 2.0
- Includes 0.5m USB Data Cable
- Includes 5V 2.5A UK Barrel Jack Power Supply - 3.5mm OD x 1.35mm ID
- EU adapter included
- Dimensions: 95mm x 73mm x 14mm
- M3 Mounting Holes
How to Modify Hub Back-Power Capability
Back-powering on the Raspberry Pi is the mode of powering your Raspberry Pi via the 5V line on a USB port (as opposed to the Micro USB power port). This is a very effective way of reducing clutter when using a USB hub with your Raspberry Pi, as it essentially means you do not require a separate power supply for the Pi itself.
If you don't want your Naked hub to back-power your Raspberry Pi then you need to short the 5V line from the hub somehow. You can modify your cable (just snip the 5V line) or the hub! We've modified the hub below:
Get a pair of needle nose cutters and snip the Vcc line as denoted above (be careful of the other lines!)
That's it - break the circuit from the Mini USB port and you're done - no more back-powering!
We included the UK to EU adapter for you.
The New Link 4 Port USB Hub, is the ideal hub to both power your Raspberry Pi and expand the number of USB ports it has . Fully tested for compatibility, the 4 port hub lets your connect up to four USB devices to your Raspberry Pi, and includes a 5v power adapter, for use with high powered devices.
This USB hub CAN be used to power your Raspberry Pi. Simply connect the Raspberry Pi's micro-USB power input into a spare USB port on the USB hub, using a Micro-USB to USB cable (not included), and the Raspberry Pi will boot when power is applied to the USB hub!
This USB hub DOES NOT back-feed power in to the Raspberry Pi's USB ports. Poor quality hubs will back-feed power into the Raspberry Pi USB ports. Not only can this blow the poly fuses on the Pi and cause reboots, it can also cause bad writes on to your SD card and corrupt OS installations.
Simply put, this hub is AWESOME, and probably one of the best 4 port hubs to use with the Raspberry Pi.
- Fully tested for compatibility with the Raspberry Pi
- Can provide power to your Raspberry Pi.
- Fully CE Approved Hub and Adaptor (No bursting into flames)
- Protects your Pi by not back-feeding current in to your Pi's USB ports.
- Supports over-current protection
- Supports high speed (480Mbps), full speed (12Mbps) and low speed (1.5Mbps) transfer rates
- Truly plug and play automatic system configuration
- Chains up to 127 USB devices
- USB and ACPI compliant.
- Includes a 5V 2A power supply. Input: 220-240V. Length:1.5m (5.5mm/2.1mm Plug)
- Includes a 0.8m USB A to USB B Data Cable
- Size 10.5cm x 7cm x 2.5cm (L x W x H)
A 10 Port USB hub to suit even the most demanding Pi users need's! This beefy 10 port USB hub comes complete with a whopping 4 Amp power supply, enough juice to run the most demanding hard drives, power-hungry gadgets and other USB peripherals!
- 9 horizontally mounted and 1 foldable vertical USB port (10 total)
- Works seamlessly with USB1.1 and USB2.0 devices
- Slim design, saves desk space
- Supports “hot swapping” of all your USB devices
- Supports data transfer rate at 1.5/12/480Mbps
- Plug n' Play
- Dimensions: 150mm x 150mm x 15mm
- Over current and over voltage protection
- 700mA/USB Port (Up to 4A combined total)
- Hub Power Input 5.5mm/2.1mm Barrel Jack
- 1 x 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub
- 1 x USB A - B Data Cable
- 1 x UK 5V 4A Power Supply